LG CD-RW w/Nero Express 5.5.9.9.: 3.39.0

To Whomever..............please.

    I have just purchased a allegedly new  LG CD-RW and software; (Nero Express 5.5.9.9; InCD 3.39.0).

    I have attempted to download a update for this software programme, without success, from the 'manufacturers' home sight.

    This 'CD writer' refuses to recognise media; refuses to allow access to the 'manual': takes twenty minutes to 'format' RW discs; takes another ten minutes to 'logically format ' RW discs; will not allow the installation of other programme discs and other probable deficiencies that are beyond my level of computer knowledge and/or competence.

    I have searched the web and stumbled upon this site; I send this e-mail in the hope that someone out there will advise me of the history and the fix for this and whatever other pitfalls I should anticipate.

    My 'puter is a IBM PC 300PL w/128MB of !00 MHZ RAM.

    My name is Harry Allen, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and I am at:

                          trudydogan@cogeco.ca