Re: growisofs hangs on DD0203

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 09:13, Andy Polyakov wrote:
> I assume you can confirm that RICKHJPN in original post was just a typo.
Well, I don't think it was a typo, as I cut and pasted directly from my
terminal window. However, I distinctly remember seeing RICOHJPN before
that, so it may have been a temporary glitch.

> Yes, RICOHJPN is by far most widely used and solid DVD+RW brand. A
> number of vendors sell it under their label: Ricoh (naturally:-),
> Philips, HP and Sony to name few...
Mine are Memorex...

> Well, DD0203 is capable of 2.4xDVD+RW recordings only, while /W11 must
> be denoting 4xDVD+RW media. There is a chance that it's not fully
> supported by firmware anyway, as it seems that /W11 is recently
> introduced product (so far I could only observe /W01 IDs).
Although /W11 is on the OptoRite compatibility page, and I have the
absolute latest firmware install.

> Or combination of both... A.
Yes :-(  I'll definitely avoid those in the future!