RE: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type

> Thomas:
>
> 	Would you be willing to do a test with Solaris?
>
> Get the Solaris CD images from:
> 	http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/get.html#x86
>
> for free... installation is simple and takes less than one hour.
>
> If you start with CD 1 of 2, you need one free primary partition with at
> least
> 3 GB of free space
>
> If you  start with the "Installation CD", you need two primary partitions.

Well, I've played with this for way more than an hour already.  Why not?
The folks at linux-usb-devel (i.e., Alan Stern) also want me to recompile my
linux kernel with usb-storage debugging on.  So this could take a couple of
days.

Question about installation: I current have /boot, root, /home and swap
partitions on my drive.  The /home partition is very large, and I could make
room for Solaris there.  I see that Partition Magic 8 supports ext3 volumes
(I have PM8).  Do you know if this works?  Can I resize the /home partition
with PM8?  Or is there a better way to do this under Linux?

I take it you're recommending that I start with CD 1 and leave myself a
single 3+GB partition?

Thanks,
Tom