Re: SONY DVD+/-RW, DWU14A under RHE

>From: christine trame <cbtrame@lbl.gov>

>we got a SONY DVD+/-RW model DW14A and try to write with it 2x dvd's
>under RHE (with the kernel version 2.4.21). The errors we are getting:

>dvdrtools v0.1.3
>Portions (c) 2002 Red Hat, Inc.
>Based on:
>Cdrecord 1.11a15 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg
>Schilling
>TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
>scsidev: '0,0,0'
>scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
>Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
>Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
>dvdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
>(schily-RH-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.69-RH-O_EXCL '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c
>1.69 02/01/18 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
>atapi: 1

Don't ask questions about this illegal software (it violates GPL).

This is _not_ cdrecord but a defective program published by redhat.
It neither works with most DVD writers, nor does it even handle
CD writing correctly because it has been modified badly.

If you have problems with this program you definitely need to blame RedHat
and ask RedHat for help.

The official cdrecord version that writes DVDs is here:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling