Re: Cdrtools-2.01a25 ready

From: Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
Subject: Cdrtools-2.01a25 ready
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:41:50 +0100 (CET)

...<noise snipped>...
> Libscg:
>
> -	Try to support the half hearted and badly designed /dev/hd* interface
> 	from Linux-2.6 in a more usable way.
>
> 	The only reason for adding this kind of support is that the Linux kernel
> 	hackers reject to fix the known DMA bugs in the already existing SCSI
> 	transport interfaces in the Linux kernel. Using /dev/hd* is unfortunately
> 	the only way to get DMA with sector size being 2352, 2448 or similar.
>
> 	Use cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATA and
> 	cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0

...<noise snipped>...

Ok, I tried as root on a Linux 2.6.1. the following:

[root/] :cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATA
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a25 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open 'ATA'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
[root] :

What is this ? Linux buggy ? cdrecord buggy ? Joerg buggy ? Mail buggy ?

Keep hacking!
 Meino