From: Joerg Schilling [mailto:schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de]
Sent: 13 January 2004 15:34
To: cdwrite@other.debian.org; Newton, Nicholas : Enable
Cc: nick.newton@dsl.pipex.com
Subject: Re: CDROM / DVD writing problems on Solaris 9 (x86)

>From: nick.newton@barclays.co.uk

>I am currently having problems configuring a TEAC DV-W50E DVD writer to
work
>correctly under Solaris 9 (x86) using either the Solaris cdrw utility and
>the cdrecord-prodvd-2.01a21-i386-pc-solaris2.9 utility from Joerg
Schilling,
>although the drive does work correctly using Nero on Windows2000.
>PC details
>Intel PIII with 192 MB memory running SunOS icmp6-1 5.9 Generic_112234-08
>i86pc i386 i86pc
>The extract below gives details of the errors observed using
>cdrecord-prodvd:

Please READ the solaris related READMEs in the source directory!

If you don't enable DMA, you will have problems.

Jvrg

--
 EMail:joerg@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jvrg Schilling D-13353
Berlin

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Barclays
Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group
for operational or business reasons.