Re: cdrtools-2.01a22 ready

On Thu 8 January 2004 20:10, Scott Bronson wrote:
> Arguing about MAY vs WILL and the proper use of a colon
> is just a waste of time don't you think?  How does any
> of this noticeably impact _your_ life?

Well, the original statement was false (at least IMHO, it seems we
disagree a bit, about what the statement was, whether it was true,
and about another zillion things that are somehow related :-),
although we do seem to agree that some programs will work between
kernel versions, and others won't). If someone acts on it and then
posts here, then we'll have to help them solve the problem. Better
to get it correct in the first place.

As for the BerliOS advertisement, I've been looking at it for a long
time now, and it just bugs me. If I'm promised new features, I want
new features, not an advert. After all, I'm not watching
television. Also, Jörg spends a lot of time and effort making
cdrtools into a high-quality professional set of tools, and I think
it's a shame that the presentation is the way it is.

> Any chance this thread can be put to rest here?

Well it is getting silly I guess, and I think everyone now basically
believes the same thing, but we can't seem to convince one another
that we all agree. Just letting it go doesn't seem like a bad idea
really...

Lourens
--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key