Re: [Cdrecord-support] cdrtools-2.01a24 ready

Hi,

> NEW features of cdrtools-2.01a24:

> - First attempt to support the SPTI Ioctl interface on Windows NT.
> see also http://www.ste-home.de/cdrtools-spti/
> Thanks to Richard Stemmer, Jay A. Key and thomas podkanski

> This allows to use cdrtools on NT without the need to install ASPI in
> case you are administrator when yu run a program.

I'm using NT4preSP7. Adaptec Aspi 4.60 is running. Normally I use Adaptec ASPI layer without administator rights to burn a CD.

> Please note that the use of SPTI is default.

ASPI was default for several years. You changed this behavior.

> If you like to force using ASPI, use dev=ASPI:b,t,l or dev=ASPI
> (in the -scanbus case).

Now I'm using administrator rights and cygwin1.dll 1.5.5-cr-0x9b.

D:\>cdrecord -v dev=ASPI:1,1,0 blank=fast

Ok, works.

D:\>cdrecord dev=ASPI -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a24 (i586-pc-cygwin) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: 'ASPI'
devname: 'ASPI'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
cdrecord: Invalid argument. Devname 'ASPI' unknown.. Cannot open SCSI driver. cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

D:\>cdrecord  -scanbus
Blue screen of death; well, broken OS. I got the same result on three different computers with NT4.

W2k with SPTI works without problems (cdrecord -scanbus and cd burning).

Udo