Re: dvd+rw tools wont burn my DVD-R(W) discs

> The drive is broken.

No, it's not.

> 1) The mode sense values are wrong

Specification leaves room for multiple interpretations and one can
interpret it as mode sense values are meaningless/not applicable in DVD
context, but in CD-R[W] context *only*.

> 2) the standard requires to round down.

For SET CD SPEED command yes. SET STREAMING, the one which
applies/should apply to DVD, says nothing about rounding down, but best
match.

In either case, growisofs' "crime" is that it insists on confirming that
speed adjustment was successful. And I still plan to keep doing that (as
already mentioned/depicted in
http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2004/cdwrite-200401/msg00023.html). A.