CD booting question

I have been creating bootable (el torrito style) CDs since the capability was added to mkisofs ages ago. However, from time to time I find a system which doesn't know how to boot CD and must boot from floppy. With programs like Linux boot disks that's not a problem, one is included. My question is, has anyone ever written a dumb boot CD from floppy program which will just find the CD, locate the el torrito boot pointer, read in the data and jump to it?

In other words, I'd like a general floppy to do what the BIOS would do if it wasn't limited.

I'm asking here because there are a lot of people who are making and burning CDs here, and someone may have stumbled on what I'd like.

Happy holidays to all.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time