OpenSource alternatives for cdrecord.prodvd?

Greetings,

as far as trust (not as in tusted computing ;) and security are concerned
Closed source is not an altanative for me :(
Are there any OpenSource alternatives for cdrecord.prodvd providing the same
functionality?
Other tools like dvdrtools only provide a few features, compared to
cdrecord.prodvd.

I respect Joerg's view about the GPL, although I don't agree. Perhaps IBMs
counter lawsuit vs SCO is going to prove or reject the spirit of the GPL.

Btw. I don't want to refight flamewars alreade fought in mid-late 2002, I'm
just seeking for alternativs.

Keep smiling
yanosz
--
... Lehrst du ihn fischen, so ernährt er sich für immer.
... Lehrst du ihn Plutonium anzureichern, so bombt er für immer.