Re: Pioneer DVR-106D issues

Andy Polyakov wrote:

OK, requestor has reported that readcd performs at >2-3x accompanied by
irresonsiveness of the system. This *does* appear as lack of DMA and it
agrees pretty well with those reports from NEC users I mentioned
yesterday. Yes, DMA must be off (or not being used on that particular
data flowpath), *but* I don't think it's the factor resposible for
further <1/5x performance loss, from >2x to 0.4x that is. In other words
lack of DMA is the *least* problem and search for limiting factor may
*not* stop there. A.

Another thing I would do is to run "vmstat 1" and see if the periods of bad response match a very high rate of irq or ctx. Fuzzy hardware indicated, but I would love for him to try a vendor kernel as well.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time