Re: I/O Magic idvdrw4db

Andy Polyakov wrote:
0,1,0 1) 'GENERIC ' 'DVD DUAL 4XMax ' '2.17' Removable CD-ROM

                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Right here...

I also uses dvd+rw-mediainfo.
Your info shows that your drive is the Optorite, and not the BTC that
my I/O Magic uses. The 2.17 firmware info is the giveaway.

Thanks.  I have since been able to successfully burn both a dvd-r and a
dvd+r with this drive, thus it appears to work.

As it's SANYO/Optorite unit, you probably should keep in mind issues
discussed in "Dual format DVD burner drive problem" thread. Summary
there is that DVD+RW support (and DVD+RW support only to my best
knowledge) appears to be deficient, more details are soon to come
[workaround is being worked on]. A.

Is there an archive of this thread?

--
Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric@3times25.net