Re: Dual format DVD burner drive problem

On Monday 15 December 2003 06:00, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> Did you try cdrecord-ProDVD?
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/

Hello Jörg,

I got cdrecord-ProDVD to run after a bit.  It burned the DVD+RW and it is mounted and readable.
No errors at present.  The ouput from cdrecord-ProDVD is below.
As you will see there are a number of warnings also in the listing.
I also had to use a fresh media that had only been formated, but never really used.
A zeroed media would not work, it reported not enough space on the media.
When I blank a DVD+RW I have writing 32 MBytes of zeroes to the disk using sdd.
The media can no longer be mounted at that point, so I figure it is erased for my purposes.
The max speed of the media is 2.4x so it burned it at full speed as well.

I'll be back in a bit.  It looks like I have to reboot now.
I unmounted the drive, erased the media, ejected the tray,
went to reload the media and now it does not want to respond.
It reports drive not ready/no medium, the busy LED is steady on,
the eject button doesn't work, etc.  So I guess it needs to be repowered.

James

Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01a20 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2003 Jörg Schilling
Unlocked features: ProDVD Clone
Limited  features:
This copy of cdrecord is licensed for: private/research/educational_non-commercial_use
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '0,0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
SCSI buffer size: 64512
atapi: 1
/root/download/prodvd/cdrecord-ProDVD: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info    : 'OPTORITE'
Identifikation : 'DVD RW DD0203   '
Revision       : '2.30'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
/root/download/prodvd/cdrecord-ProDVD: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
Current: DVD+RW
Profile: DVD+R
Profile: DVD+RW (current)
Profile: DVD-RW sequential overwrite
Profile: DVD-RW restricted overwrite
Profile: DVD-R sequential recording
Profile: DVD-ROM
Profile: CD-RW
Profile: CD-R
Profile: CD-ROM
Profile: Unknown
Profile: Unknown
Profile: Unknown
/root/download/prodvd/cdrecord-ProDVD: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
/root/download/prodvd/cdrecord-ProDVD: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
/root/download/prodvd/cdrecord-ProDVD: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-3 DVD+RW driver (mmc_dvdplusrw).
Driver flags   : DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
Drive buf size : 6553600 = 6400 KB
FIFO size      : 4194304 = 4096 KB
Track 01: data  3532 MB
Total size:     3532 MB = 1808584 sectors
Current Secsize: 2048
Trying to clear drive status.
/root/download/prodvd/cdrecord-ProDVD: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
Blocks total: 2295104 Blocks current: 2295104 Blocks remaining: 486520
/root/download/prodvd/cdrecord-ProDVD: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page.
Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 2 in real TAO mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts.
Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
Starting new track at sector: 0
Track 02: 3532 of 3532 MB written (fifo 100%) [buf  99%]   2.5x.
Track 02: Total bytes read/written: 3703980032/3703980032 (1808584 sectors).
Writing  time: 1113.972s
Average write speed   2.4x.
Min drive buffer fill was 92%
Fixating...
Fixating time:   20.533s
/root/download/prodvd/cdrecord-ProDVD: fifo had 58342 puts and 58342 gets.
/root/download/prodvd/cdrecord-ProDVD: fifo was 0 times empty and 36459 times full, min fill was 87%.
bash-2.05a#