Re: ide-scsi and 2.4 kernels

> In 2.2 kernels, ide-scsi is very reliable. However, in 2.4, I
> find that when I use CDRW media, the kernel would mysteriously
> crash; it crashes every time I use CDRW media (but works fine if
> I use non-rewritable CDR media).

I have been using ide-scsi with an ide cd burner with SuSE kernels
2.4.18 - 2.4.20 and with an ide dvd burner on 2.4.20 and never had as
much as a hint of a problem.

Your problem may have to do more with your particular ide chipset than
the ide-scsi module.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.