Re: dvd+rw-tools-5.14.4.7.4.tar.gz

> I found out that there is a firmware update to version 47
> (original: 40). But after updating I see:
>
> rasca@lupo:~/pictures> growisofs -speed=1 -Z /dev/scd0=fotos-backup.iso
> :-( /dev/scd0: unsupported MMC profile 10

Poor media support in firmware manifests itself in bizarre ways. MMC
profile 10 means that your unit recognized currently mounted media as
DVD-ROM. So that one probably can't say that new firmware supports this
media any better, but one can say that it's at least more honest.
Indeed, originally firmware offered some apparently insane set of
writing speed descriptors and after recording said that media is blank,
now it says "doesn't look like recordable media to me." Well, you
definitely should try another media brand... A.