Re: LF-D311 support?

On Wed 10 December 2003 20:45, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> From: Lourens Veen <lourens@rainbowdesert.net>
>
> >On Wed 10 December 2003 17:55, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >> From: James Lancaster <james@kirk.math.twsu.edu>

> >> You did not tell us what you like to do. How should it be
> >> possible to answer.
> >>
> >> Both DVD-RAM and DVD-R are supported as mentioned in the
> >> information for cdrtools.
> >>
> >> If you have problems due to firmware bugs, you should send a
> >> note...
> >
> >That does not compute. Please re-read the original post and
> >reconsider your answer.
>
> What should I change?
>
> He did not tell us what he likes to do and we don't know what
> k3b does.

Well, he did. He wants to use his drive with k3b.

> Of course, problems may also be caused by miss usage of cdrecord
> by k3b, but if he is interested in k3b problems, he should ask
> the authors.

Well, incidentally, k3b doesn't use cdrecord at all for DVD burning,
it uses dvd+rw-tools.

> Here we are on another problem: as the k3b authors never did try
> to get into contact with me and I know from many contacts with
> Thomas Neiderreither that it is not simple to design a gui the
> right way. So I stand with my first mail: If the OP tells me what
> he does at cdrecord level, I may be able to help.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, the k3b authors should ask you
how to design a GUI? I find k3b quite intuitive and easy to use
actually.

The problem with your reply was that he was asking for support for
his drive with k3b. The only thing he said about cdrecord-ProDVD
was that it worked fine. After which you asked him what was wrong
specifically. Well, nothing...

Lourens
--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key