Re: LF-D311 support?

>From: Lourens Veen <lourens@rainbowdesert.net>
>On Wed 10 December 2003 17:55, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>> From: James Lancaster <james@kirk.math.twsu.edu>
>>
>> >Any idea if this is supported (doesn't seem to be working)
>> >DVD-RAM/DVD-R drive (write speed on DVD-R is 1x)
>> >currently burns under cdrecord-prodvd but I would like to use it
>> > under k3b.
>> >

>> >I am Off-list, so if anyone replies a cc would be apreciated :)
>> >
>> >If anyone needs me to try anything out I am perfectly willing
>> > to.
>>
>> You did not tell us what you like to do. How should it be
>> possible to answer.
>>
>> Both DVD-RAM and DVD-R are supported as mentioned in the
>> information for cdrtools.
>>
>> If you have problems due to firmware bugs, you should send a
>> note...

>That does not compute. Please re-read the original post and
>reconsider your answer.

What should I change?

He did not tell us what he likes to do and we don't know what
k3b does.

Of course, problems may also be caused by miss usage of cdrecord
by k3b, but if he is interested in k3b problems, he should ask
the authors.

Here we are on another problem: as the k3b authors never did try to get
into contact with me and I know from many contacts with Thomas Neiderreither
that it is not simple to design a gui the right way. So I stand with
my first mail: If the OP tells me what he does at cdrecord level, I may
be able to help.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling