Re: Problems burning DVD+R on Sony DRU-120A

> The screen output you present is somewhat inconsistent with what you
> say you have done.

If you refer to LBA value being non-zero, then it's actually
consistent:-) There're several code paths to that error message and I
set couple of most significant bits simply to identify the failing path.
Yes, I could have solved it differently and consider another solution
for next *major* update:-)

> > :-[ LBA=40000000h, SENSE KEY=2h/ASC=04h/ASCQ=07h ]
> > :-( write failed: No medium found
> >   Removing image /tmp/image.301 ...
>
> If you get it to work for DVD+RW but not DVD+R, I'd say it's a case of
> your burner doesn't want to know about that particular DVD+R media. Try
> a different brand.

Yes, but first do upgrade firmware. Probability that elder firmware
won't be able to manage media manufactured recently is higher. Part of
the problem is that retailers apparently are no longer sure whether it's
4x or 2.4x DVD+R media they are selling and firmware update for Ricoh
MP5125 derivatives is a must for 4x. A.