Re: Reading a +RW on another DVD player?!?

> Tried all of the above, and had 2.2GB on that media,

Then you [as well as anybody else] should have explicitly mentioned that
you've already tried all this. It saves time.

> and burn DVDs
> with the Sony delivered software, as I already tried this alternative on a
> friend's machine, and it was readable even on my dvdplusrw.org's considered
> incompatible Toshiba DVD.

Once again! Don't *imply* things, *say* them. Do you mean that you've
moved *your* burner unit to your friend's machine and could produce a
DVD+RW recording playable in your MP9060? Because if you didn't, then XP
is unlikely to solve your problem. If you did move *your* burner to your
friend's machine and it did the trick, then the problem can surely be
solved in Linux. A.