Re: Reading a +RW on another DVD player?!?

> My question to you would be: do you know

Question should be formulated as "does anybody know...," as nobody is
running a test lab full of all possible units of all possible brands.
It's users' forum, not manufacturers':-)

> of any limitations of the Ricoh
> MP9060A in regards to play back of DVD +RWs?

MP9060A is listed as DVD+RW capable at dvdplusrw.org, which means that
at least some person managed to mount DVD+RW media in it...

> I was looking through the
> document at http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/
> but could not find anything related. The only indication was about how to
> write to the appropriate Ricoh DVD burners, with firmware upgrades,

It also discusses a *generic* incompatibility issue in the very
beginning of "Compatibility: caveat lector" paragraph, the lead-out
issue. Do make sure you have enough data and to 'dvd+rw-format
-lead-out' before you attempt to play media in DVD-ROM unit. If it
doesn't help, do try media explicitly recommended by vendor. You have
all rights to expect that Philips media would work in Sony unit, but
noone can actually guarantee that. It might even be bad media batch. I
know it sounds unlike, but it actually can happen...

> but no mention about readers compatibility.

See dvdplusrw.org for community maintained lists. A.