Re: dvd+rw-tools update [5.11, Pioneer DVR-x06]

> Note that despite its name dvd+rw-tools fully support even DVD-R[W]. And
> note that there is dvd+rw-tools.spec with %description already.

Drats, I didn't see that (because I didn't look for it, I started with
another .spec). I added the DVD-, other than that your %description
says nothing more. The URL is already in the URL: field, and I
hopefully clarified the suid bit (which maybe should be removed
completely). Your .spec won't work on SuSE, so I'll stay with mine, if
you don't mind :)

> ??? There is dvd+rw-tools.spec, and it does all that already. 'make
> install' is ment for "old-school" users compiling from scratch, not for
> so to say RPM packetiers. A.

That requires to keep the .spec in sync with the Makefile, whereas one
could easily make a Makefile which takes care of it (and call make
install from the .spec). As it's trivial in this case, I'll drop this
topic.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.