(E)LTS and Debian report for January 2023

Hi,

I am funded by Freexian SARL and thus reporting about my work in January
2023.

LTS
===

I issued DLA-3265-1 for exiv2 fixing 26 CVEs. I continued the heimdal
saga. We finally have an embargo deadline being February 8th. I started
working on sox.  The embargo for sox will end tomorrow. Stay tuned.

ELTS
====
After having uploaded leptonlib to buster in December, I now issued
ELA-764-1 and ELA-765-1 for stretch and jessie respectively with a
little more disruptive changes (disabling debugging code by default).
I issued ELA-766-1 and ELA-767-1 for exiv2 in stretch and jessie
respectively fixing a similar amount of CVEs as in buster. I also spent
a bit of time triaging issues to improve our understanding of which
issues are urgent and which are not. The heimdal and sox work mentioned
earlier accounted for some ELTS budget.

Debian
======
I continued working on debvm (see https://tracker.debian.org/debvm). It
received changes in multiple areas and finally migrated to testing. I
filed 14 cross build patches and did my usual rebootstrap maintenance. I
also helped with the libtool-bin removal on the dh-lua side, which has
cut the problem size in half.

Since Freexian is a user of borgbackup, I took on the task of preparing
the transition to borgbackup 2.x by packaging it in a way that is
coinstallable with borgbackup 1.x and got it migrate to testing.

Helmut