Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing

Marga wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>After quite a few months of polishing packages, fixing issues, and
>making sure that everything builds where it's supposed to build,
>cinnamon is now fully available in testing.
>
>If you already have a desktop environment, you can install the
>packages needed by cinnamon by doing: apt-get install cinnamon-core.
>
>There's also cinnamon-desktop-environment, that pulls in usually
>needed packages, for the users that don't have another desktop
>environment installed.
>
>There are likely quite a number of bugs that we haven't found yet, we
>will welcome bug reports.
>
>If you are interested in helping us out, we work through the
>pkg-cinnamon project in alioth, which also includes it's own mailing
>list, and you can contact us through #debian-cinnamon in OFTC.

Hi Marga!

If you're ready for it already, could you set up tasks for Cinnamon
too? If you do that, we could make it easier for d-i and CDs to set
Cinnamon up as a desktop option using tasksel.

You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...