Re: Debian fork: 'Devuan', Debian without Systemd

Hi Madeiros!

I'm also using `systemd`, I'm working to use Enlightenment with
Wayland (to kick Xorg off) and, it depends on `systemd`.

I just don't think that it is wise to put all of our eggs into the same basket.

This `systemd` being pushed everywhere looks like a huge monoculture,
which is very, very dangerous.

Also, ALL my production servers, that are public (Internet faced),
uses the GRSecurity Linux Patch, and `systemd` doesn't work with it.
So, right now, `systemd` only makes sense at Desktops. And I mean it.

So, my job/company depends on `sysvinit-core` / `upstart` and there is
no plans to use `systemd` at our servers (and I'm talking about
hundreds of Linux instances, physical servers and virtual machines).

Cheers!