Re: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

Hi,

Michael Gilbert <mgilbert@debian.org> writes:
> The default has no bearing whatsoever on whether well-connected users
> can or can't install one of the shiny desktops if they so choose.

The default has no bearing whatsoever on whether un-connected users can
or can't install one of the more minimal desktops, if they so choose.

I think, the aggression (on both parts) is pretty unsubstantiated. At
least I take this from this sentence:
> If the xfce iso didn't exist, people in these situtations would
> not be able to install a usable Debian system.
Looks to me like a misunderstanding, as nobody ever suggested, as far as
I know, that installation medias for non-default desktops should be
provided in the future. The questions just is, what should be the
default. I at least see no conflict in choosing one of the "shiny desktops"
for this with supporting less internet-supplied countries, as long as
there are smaller installation medias for this use-case.

Best,

Axel Wagner