Re: CVE-2018-14624 - testing 389-ds-base update

On 2018-09-15 12:04:02, Hugo Lefeuvre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just prepared a Jessie security update for 389-ds-base, addressing
> CVE-2018-14624. I will go through the test procedure myself, however I am
> not a 389-ds user, so it might be good if someone more experienced with
> this LDAP server could double check the update before upload.

I have no experience with that LDAP server either - I have only used
OpenLDAP in the past. But that experience did allow me to smoke-test
your packages and they can live through an upgrade without crashing on
restart and ldapsearch still works.

So I would say it's good enough for now.

A.

--
The history of any one part of the earth, like the life of a soldier,
consists of long periods of boredom and short periods of terror.