Re: init system policy

Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> writes:

>     Russ> Yeah, this seems like the right solution to me too.  Drop a
>     Russ> configuration fragment in /etc/systemd that overrides the user
>     Russ> and group and then don't touch it again.

> well, debconf seems like a win here.
> There's no reasonable default so it's desirable to make it easy for the
> admin to specify and so you'd probably want to use normal best practice
> for debconf updates.

Ah, sorry, I mixed two threads.  Yes, for the original author's problem,
where the user should configure the user/group for the daemon, debconf
makes sense.  I had mixed that up with cases where people modified init
scripts to run things under a different user than the default, which is a
somewhat harder problem.