Re: Request for testing: apache2

On 2017-06-25 16:56:46, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have prepared an update for apache2 and I would like to request some
> testing.  The packages are here:
>
> https://people.debian.org/~roberto/apache2_2.2.22-13+deb7u9.dsc
> https://people.debian.org/~roberto/apache2_2.2.22-13+deb7u9_amd64.changes
> https://people.debian.org/~roberto/apache2_2.2.22-13+deb7u8_2.2.22-13+deb7u9.diff
>
> I have also attached the debdiff to this email.  I was able to cherry
> pick the commits from the 2.2.x branch in upsteam's subversion
> repository.  However, I did have to make some tweaks since upstream is
> up to version 2.2.33 and wheezy is at 2.2.22, hence why I am asking for
> some additional testing.
>
> Unless I receive reports of problems with the packages I have prepared,
> I intend to upload them in one week.

I did some summary smoke-testing (install apache2 on a wheezy VM,
upgrade, load the "it works page") and things seem to generally work.

I have also reviewed the patches and after I wiped the blood from my
eyes, things looked marvelous there as well. ;) (I am always amazed as
to the scale of changes introduced in Apache minor versions...)

Thanks!

A.

--
Non qui parum habet, sed qui plus cupit, pauper est.
It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more,