Re: Adding support for LZIP to dpkg, using that instead of xz, archive wide

On 06/14/2015 05:10 PM, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2015, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Therefore, I'm tempted to raise this to the technical committee
>> (putting their list as Cc). Does anyone see a reason why I am
>> mistaking here?
>
> Does a patch exist which can enable lz for orig.tar?

Isn't it what this is doing?

https://bugs.debian.org/600094
https://bugs.debian.org/556960

> Otherwise, I guess some of us could be involved to help clarify
> communication, but anyone can do that, really.

I'm not at a stage where I want to involve the CTTE right now. I still
would prefer to gather opinions and see where it goes.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)