baycomepp and baycomusb possible removal unless help forthcoming

These two packages are very old and apparently have very few users, they
also have FTBFS with GCC-5 bugs filed against them (#777796 and #777795).

The upstream site has completely gone (at least I haven't been able to
find one).

I have spent several hours today trying to get baycomepp to build with
modern packaging and have now given up. The package does build with it's
original packaging although with a fair number of Lintian warnings.

I then started looking at the actual FTBFS problem, this is very messy
and time consuming.

We also have the problem that testing the package without the actual
hardware is pretty much impossible.

So, unless someone who is interested in these packages (and has the
hardware) comes forward and offers to work on them and fix the bugs in a
reasonable time-scale I think we have no choice but to remove them from
Debian as un-maintainable.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1223 830814  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x38C9D903