Re: jessie: Some GTK apps display svg pixmaps as giant icons

On 09/11/14 17:03, Felix Natter wrote:
> Dear gtk-gnome-maintainers,
>
> there is a bug in GTK(?) applications (nautilus, pavucontrol, probably
> more) where (svg?) icons are way too large in current jessie:

> It is easily reproducible by installing vim-gtk, creating a .txt file
> and selecting Open with-> ... in nautilus for that file.
> (the vim icon will be huge).
>
> Alternatively, see screenshot of "pavucontrol" with a running "scummvm"
> session:
> http://www2.inf.fh-brs.de/~fnatte2s/pavucontrol-large-icon.png
>
> I have commented 765069 (nautilus) and 768256 (vim-gui-common) but does
> anybody think this should be reported against GTK?

Apparently this was an intentional change in GTK+ 3.14, see

I haven't looked at the impact of it and whether it's reasonable and feasible to
revert it for Jessie. For now, it's probably best to file bugs for the
applications that broke.

Emilio