dpkg-cross and qemu

Hello.

We in qemu have a bugreport open for a long time, #356309,
which asks qemu to to set default interpreter prefix in qemu
to the same value used by dpkg-cross.

I'm not really sure what this stuff is used for to start with,
and if this change is still relevant.

Anyone know if current interp-prefix is actually used by someone
in Debian?  It is set to /etc/qemu-binfmt/%M but this directory
does not exist.  I'm asking because if we're to change the
prefix to the one used by dpkg-cross, we'll have to migrate
existing /etc/qemu-binfmt/ directory to a new location, which
will be really troublesome.

Thanks,

/mjt