Forcing question to be asked while presseeding

Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide
  Appendix B. Automating the installation using preseeding
    B.5.2. Using preseeding to change default values
                           AND
    B.2.2. Using boot parameters to preseed questions
suggest that I should be able to accomplish my goal. I need some actual example to understand what the text is saying.

My goal is to force the menu which asks to chose among typical uses (i.e. Desktop|print server|laptop|etc).

Pointers please.
TIA