Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

Le lundi, 13 octobre 2014, 12.23:00 Miles Fidelman a écrit :
> Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > I really don't buy the argument that "the GR proposal was too quiet
> > to be noticed by 6+ people".
>
> Actually - I'd contest that, for four reasons:
>
> - as I've previously noted - the major impacts of systemd are being
> (going to be) felt by sysadmins and upstream developers - who don't
> necessarily follow debian-devel all that closely -- or have input

Mind you, most if not all of the CTTE are both sysadmins and upstream
developers, and I'd go as far as saying that most of DDs are either too.

> - the actual GR call for vote was buried on debian-vote - immediately
> jumped on regarding wording and procedural discussions

Yes, and? There was a proposal on -vote, which could have been followed
by seconds, totally ignoring the side-discussions. Don't expect
launching a GR about a) overriding a Debian body; b) the default init
system to be a quiet ride.

> - actual discussion of the GR on -devel was completely swamped by all
> the other discussion of systemd

My feeling is that the swamping happened because some people disagreeing
with the CTTE vote vented a lot of frustration through whining and
complaining instead of focusing their energy to formulate a concrete
proposal for a GR.

We're talking about finding _6_ seconds, so I'd only buy this argument
if the threshold was 50 (or so) and we'd have only found a dozen
seconds.

OdyX