New appointment for the Debian Technical Committee

Dear fellow developers,

As defined by our constitution (§6.2.2), the Debian
Technical Committee has recommended the appointment to the committee of:

 * Christoph Berg (myon)

I am happy to follow their recommendation and hereby
appoint Christoph as a member of the Technical
Committee, effective immediately.

For reference, the nomination and votes are recorded at:

 * https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=982987 (myon)

Since the last appointment update for the Debian Technical
Committee[1], the term of Philip Hands <philh> has expired.

Many thanks to Phil of for his service.

The Technical Committee now consists of:

 * Margarita Manterola <marga> (chair)
 * David Bremner <bremner>
 * Elana Hashman <ehashman>
 * Simon McVittie <smcv>
 * Niko Tyni <ntyni>
 * Sean Whitton <spwhitton>
 * Gunnar Wolf <gwolf>
 * Christoph Berg (myon)

Task Description
- - -------------

The Technical Committee is established by the Debian
Constitution, section 6. It is the body which makes the
final decision on technical disputes in the Debian
project.

More info about the Technical Committee, including
recent decisions, discussion and advice, may be found
here:

 * https://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte

Keep safe,

-Jonathan, Debian Project Leader