Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

Ansgar Burchardt escrebeu:
> Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org> writes:
> >> Anyway, I don't think this is still relevant to debian-devel-games@ and
> >> will try to end the discussion here.
> >
> > I don't see how this won't be relevant for the Debian Games Team, when
> > the package is currently maintained by the Debian Games Team [1].
>
> To clarify: I don't think that this particular sub-thread is still
> relevant. More so after [2] made clear Suso Baleato is just trolling
> with the last intentional misquote (and there were others before, but I
> was assuming good faith).
>
> Ansgar
>
> > [1] https://packages.debian.org/supertuxkart
>   [2] <https://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2015/05/msg00009.html>

This is not precisely the type of community that can be trolled so
easily. Ad hominem attacks, like qualifying others as trolls or members
of any conspiracy, do not help the aggressor when his argument is weak.
Exhibiting adivination skills about the _intention_ of others' quoting
style, neither.

The game is maintained by the Games Team: it is fair to involve them in
the conversation. There are allegations of sexism involved: Debian
Women can help with their knowledge on the topic. Having different views
on the same issue is good. Nobody should feel threatened or harassed by
contributing to discern the problem and find the most efficient solution.