Re: Debian fork: 'Devuan', Debian without Systemd

On Tue, 2 Dec 2014 14:22:13 -0700
Aaron Toponce <aaron.toponce@gmail.com> wrote:

> > It's a waste. They shouldn't have left. I'm pretty neutral about
> > systemd as I'm only an end user but I disklike having it forced upon me
> > this way.

> # apt-get install upstart
> # apt-get install sysvinit-core
> # apt-get install openrc
> No one is forcing you to stick with systemd. The "fork" is just silly.

Another way to look at it is "forward planning for the release after Jessie, when systemd may well become compulsory..."

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                 To delight in war is a merit in the soldier,
                     a dangerous quality in the captain,