Jessie Release Progress and a stricter freeze policy

Stricter Freeze policy
======================

The freeze has been progressing for nearly 3 weeks now.  We will soon
stop accepting certain changes for Jessie as documented in the
[FREEZE POLICY].

*Stricter freeze policy* from the 5th of December:
 - The window for getting "important" bug fixes into Jessie is
   closing on the 5th of December (point "ii.").
 - Have your unblock requests approved before then!

For the avoidance of doubt, packages in this category must be
unblocked before 5th December. They can migrate in the days
following.

[FREEZE POLICY]: https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html

Release progress
================

There has been a rapid decline in open RC bugs in testing.  We are now
at ~265 RC bugs and just 20 days ago there were 408 RC bugs.  This is
quite an impressive rate.

We want to encourage everyone to keep fixing [RC BUGS].

The Release Notes still need quite a bit of work.  There is a
[JESSIE NOTES DRAFT] that we encourage people to review already.  It is
updated once a day from [RN SRC] and patches are welcome.

Change requests and patches should be submitted as bug reports against
the "release-notes" pseudo-package.

[RC BUGS]:
https://udd.debian.org/bugs/?release=jessie_and_sid&patch=ign&merged=ign&done=ign&rtjessie-ignore=ign&rtjessie-can-defer=ign&fnewerval=7&flastmodval=7&rc=1&ctags=1&cdeferred=1&sortby=id&sorto=asc&format=html#results
(NB: This is the list of RC bugs without patches affecting Jessie and sid)

[JESSIE NOTES DRAFT]: https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/

[RN SRC]: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/release-notes
Browser viewer:
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/ddp/manuals/trunk/release-notes/

- --
Thank you,