Re: debootstrap and cdebootstrap vs systemd

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 12:40:29PM +0200, Riku Voipio wrote:
> > debootstrap --include and --exclude should work.
>
> Yes of course. If not there could be a --variant=sysvinit, but clearly
> it should be possible to debootstrap without systemd.

I'd say every --variant except the default should have no systemd.  No init
at all would be better, but excluding an essential package (init) makes
dist-upgrades not fun.

* minbase
Not suitable for booting without further work.
* buildd
Init is not needed, bloat is highly harmful (unpacking the chroot without
CoW takes 5x the time to build a small package!), so a slim init like
sysvinit is much preferred.
* fakechroot|scratchbox
Not meant/capable of booting on their own (chroot only).

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple