Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Mon, 03 Nov 2014, Sam Hartman wrote:
> A TC meeting is a meeting where only the TC members are speaking.
> That's not really the right forum for such a decision to be taken.

Just to echo Russ's comments, all that we really discussed was that as
the CTTE, we weren't going to press forward for this to happen while the
other GR was being actively discussed/voted on.

The CTTE has no power to stop anyone (including those on the CTTE) from
proposing, seconding, or discussing this amendment.

> Personally, I agree that having multiple active discussion/second
> periods on debian-vote is problematic.

Right; that's what we seemed to agree on as well.

I think that we can all agree that we'd like a decision on this
amendment significantly before January 1st, which presumably means
having it formally proposed well before December 3rd.

I really wanted to talk to her.
I just couldn't find an algorithm that fit.
 -- Peter Watts _Blindsight_ p294