Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> >On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> >>In any case, users _do_ have a say. They can force their systems to remain
> >>on sys5 init, or switch to a different distro if that should also turn out
> >Which, I should add, is something we measure if the user installs
> >popularity-contest and opts-in to its measurements.
> >
> >http://popcon.debian.org/
>
> which sure seems to reinforce the popularity of sysvinit

> Then again, how much of that is simply an artifact of default
> initialization, vs. by choice, is unclear.

Right now it is the "defaults" effect, because Debian stable is included in
the report.  We don't have a "testing + unstable" report.

"Statistics per popularity-contest releases" gives you an approximate
breakdown of what is in the "all" report, I think.

We will only have decent data on this about six months after jessie becomes
stable.  But it will be useful nonetheless.

Being able to filter reports to consider only those from testing+unstable
might make it more useful at the shorter term, though.

  Henrique Holschuh