RE: Debian derivatives census: Open Secure-K OS, welcome!

Hi Anastasia and thanks for your feedback.

LumIT S.p.A. is a system integrator company based in Italy.
LumIT Labs are the innovation laboratories, sponsored and hosted by LumIT S.p.A., in which Open Secure-K OS has been created.

As you noted, Open Secure-K OS is a live operating system, with ISO9660 filesystem as all the other lives, but is capable to update the kernel and has got a unique partitioning scheme, being liveng compliant (https://liveng.readthedocs.io). This is where we mostly worked on and of course we are making the infrastructure more "Debian-way" with time.

That said:

> The page says that Open Secure-K OS modifies Debian binary packages.
It is quite rare that distributions modify Debian binary packages instead of modifying source packages and rebuilding them. Does Open Secure-K OS actually do this?
If so could you describe what kind of modifications you are making?

Yes, we do this way - things are going to change in the near future.
This is performed only on a few Debian packages and it is mostly done to backport some of them from newer repositories.
Other packages are instead the build result of upstream projects' code.

Regards,

Marco.