Re: [Pkg-scala-maint] Binary blobs in source packages

On 2011-12-13, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 13.12.2011, 19:29 +0100 schrieb Mehdi Dogguy:
>> You mean having a circular build-dependency? That isn't great :/
>> I've seen some packages doing that (don't recall which right now) but
>> didn't like it, tbh.=20
> ghc does, for instance.

And we had some fun where it was about to disappear from the archive due
to a bad upload.  It would've required manual pseudo-binNMUs on all
architectures to get it back.

But then I don't see how you could avoid circular build-dependencies
with compilers written in their own language.  fpc/fp-compiler does the
same.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern