Re: firmware-realtek (0.29) can't work at amd64

On Thu, 19 May 2011 11:29:35 +0800, spp mg wrote:

> 2011/5/17 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>

(...)

>> > sorry,I am too late to reply.
>>
>> (no problem, but don't make use of html formatted messages and better
>> yet if you reply at bottom or inline and don't cross-post ;-))
>
> Ok, like this?

Much better, thanks :-)

>> > wicd scan function is ok, but when I connect net,it will connect a
>> > long time,and display "password error".But I'm sure password is
>> > right.(The config can use in kernel 2.6.26.)
>>
>> Make wicd to be more verbose if possible, there must be an option in
>> the program settings you can toggle on.
>
> Oh,I used "wicd-curses".I will try to use "wicd-cli" or find logs.

Hopefully logs will help you to understand why it cannot be associated to
the AP.

Also, compare both "/var/log/syslog" files from the computer where it
works and from the one that fails.

>> > On the i386,I just use apt install firmware-realtek (0.29).
>>
>> And it works fine? Then it can be a bug within the amd64 port package.
>>
> Yes,it's works fine.
> When I go back hometown (less then 1 month), I will use live cd of i386
> and amd64 to test again. Because I just use other computer to test i386.
>
> If it's bug,how to report?

If you followed the steps given at the wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x#Wheezy

And you are still experiencing problems within the amd64 system, you can
open a bug report against "wireless-tools" because the package of
firmware itself is architecture-independent.

There is a very useful tool (reportbug) you can use to open the report at
Debian BTS, just follow the on-screen wizard.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón