USB hub problem.

Hi there!

I've a Toshiba USB 3.0 hard disk drive and when I attach it directly to the USB controller on my PC I succeed to mount it without any problem, but surprisingly, when I attach it to my PC via a 4-port USB hub, things get complicated.

For some reason, the system registers the hard disk drive as a character device under the name: '/dev/sg3' and the mount command refuses to mount it and emits the following error messages:

Error reading bootsector: Illegal seek
Failed to sync device /dev/sg3: Invalid argument
Failed to mount '/dev/sg3': Illegal seek

What should I do in order to be able to mount the HDD via the USB hub too?

Regards,

atar.