Mandatory -dbg packages

Hi!

Libraries with `-dbg` package are a pain to deal with when debugging
some problem. The solution to ask each user to rebuild the library
without stripping debug symbols[1] seem suboptimal. Asking each
maintainer to ship a `-dbg` package may be a solution[2] but couldn't we
generate those packages automatically by the builders, like this is done
with Ubuntu[3]?

I remember we had a discussion about this a few years ago. An automatic
service has been setup for this[4] by myon but it does not seem to be
updated anymore.

Why does this experiment have been stopped? Could we mainstream it?

[1]: http://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace
[2]: http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/serendipity/index.php?/archives/18-Mandatory-dbg-packages-for-libraries.html
[3]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProgramCrash
[4]: http://debug.debian.net/