Re: Resolutions to comments on LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.0
- To: Florian La Roche <email@example.com>
- Cc: "H. Peter Anvin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Resolutions to comments on LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.0
- From: "Scott K. Ellis" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:44:47 -0500 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.SO4.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <19990121092136.A6788@knorke.saar.de>
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Florian La Roche wrote:
> There are reasons why all distributions stayed with /var/spool/mail.
> Even Debian who also thinks a lot about making things sane/clean has
> stayed with /var/spool/mail.
Note that Debian has not yet moved from FSSTND to FHS for the most part,
and relocating /var/spool/mail hasn't been done in part due to discussion
on the technical issues involved.