Re: meaning license statement

Bernhard R. Link, 2012-06-04 11:05+0200 (gmane.linux.debian.devel.legal):
> Anyway, reading this as plan English language, it says
> "Use [...] by the Government is subject [...]".
> It's "the" Government (with upper case G), so I'd say
> it only means the US government.
> So it has no meaning to anyone else and for the US
> government it is about rules set by thatself, so this
> should not not be a problem for Debian at all.

Is that so? Does that not discriminate against one group, the US
government?

I do not know what this documents says, but imagine something like that:
>> This program is is free software: you can redistribute it and/or
>> modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
>>
>> If you are a member of the US Army, the following restriction applies
>> in addition to the GPL: you must not use this program for a weapon
>> system.

That would be completley non-free, would it no?

--
 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu> <irc://irc.oftc.net/Tanguy>
| `-'    Debian Developer