Installing K3b installs HAL. Should I do it?

Hi,

I've recently switched from Lucid to Squeeze on my workstation. So, far
I'm quite happy with the move but I'm still on a learning curve.

Back in Ubuntu I used to use K3b in GNOME since I definitely prefer it to
Brasero. Yesterday I tried to installed K3b in Squeeze and I noticed that
HAL would be installed with it as a dependency.  Since I was not sure on
HAL I cancelled the installation until clarification.

I'm not familiar in depth neither with udev nor HAL. But AFAIK HAL was
deprecated and part of its functionality now is build into udev.

What would be the consequences of HAL being installed on my fresh squeeze
system, if any?  Would HAL conflict with udev in any way? Wouldn't
installation of HAL degrade my fresh squeeze install?

Thanks.